I have in several occasions had to retrieve or view a document that was on my computer at home. It had driven me crazy until i tried TeamViewer.com. I have tried to use Windows remote desktop application and other similar products but has never had it simple like TeamViewer. I will go through a quick tutorial.
- On your main computer install TeamViewer.
- Then, write down the ID and password. I usually email those numbers to myself.
- Leave the computer and TeamViewer running in the background.
- Go to another computer and Install or Run TeamViewer, it does not matter.
- Paste the ID into the 'Create a session' box. Click remote support and log in.
- Put in the password and that is it!
Your should be able to see your home computer in front of you. This will work best with a high bandwidth connection.